Do you often feel sad, worthless, empty, or disconnected from others?
Are you less interested in life and finding yourself avoiding social contact?
Do you have difficulty sleeping or want to sleep too much?
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms of depression?
- low energy or dark moods
- loss of appetite
- diminished interest in or enjoyment of activities
- sleeplessness or sleeping much more than usual
- poor concentration and indecisiveness
- social withdrawal
- suicidal thoughts
- feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, or inappropriate guilt
Depression can rob you of your sense of purpose, capacity for love and connection, and ability to work effectively. It can cause you to become overwhelmed with sadness and isolation, and make life feel meaningless.
eople who are depressed often withdraw from participating in activities that they previously found satisfying, pleasurable, or fun. The therapists at Kerry Moller and Associates are specialized in helping break this cycle of depression and withdrawal, and assisting clients in re-engaging in their lives and relationships in a meaningful way.
When helping clients with depression, we work on uncovering and treating the root causes that contribute to the depression, whether they be painful childhood issues, stress, relationship challenges, past trauma, loneliness, low self esteem, dysfunctional thoughts and biology. Once we understand a person’s unique situation, we then work together to address the things that are perpetuating the person’s depressive state. That way, the root cause of the depression can treated, the depression does not continue to reoccur, and a client can thereby experience long-lasting, deeply felt change.
We are committed to helping you:
- Feel better about yourself
- Alleviate depressed moods
- Become re-engaged with life
- Recognize, accept and cope with feelings of depression
- Develop healthy coping relationships
- Understand the negative patterns that perpetuate your depression, and have a plan to prevent relapse