Thea is dedicated to providing counselling services that are relevant and accessible to clients from all walks of life, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, and genders. She has a genuine love for her work as a counsellor and she is honoured to take part in my clients’ journeys through and toward change.
MCP, REGISTERED CLINICAL COUNSELLOR
I have studied anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorders, and I am acutely aware of how painfully a person’s preoccupation with food and body image can impact their daily life, often leading to feelings of isolation, depression, and loss of control. I am committed to helping individuals understand and overcome their distressing relationships with food, as well as to helping them build full and meaningful lives beyond recovery.
I also have specialized training and counselling experience in the field of women’s reproductive mental health. Within this field, I have worked with the following issues: perinatal depression/anxiety, mother-infant bonding/attachment, adjustment to motherhood, and PMS and PMDD (Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder).
My approach to counselling is dependent upon a client’s needs, and combines depth psychology, Mindfulness, cognitive-behavioural therapy, and client-centred therapy. I work collaboratively with clients to help them move toward their goals. These goals can be highly varied, but common themes include:
- Developing an understanding of how your current struggles originated and why they persist
- Getting unstuck from troublesome patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving
- Learning ways to calm your anxious body and mind
- Spending less time worrying and more time enjoying your life
- Finding the road back to self-love and self-esteem or building this road for the first time
- Healing wounds from the past
- Realizing who you are and how you want to live your life
I am dedicated to providing counselling services that are relevant and accessible to clients from all walks of life, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, and genders. I have a genuine love for my work as a counsellor and I am honoured to take part in my clients’ journeys through and toward change.