I am a Registered Social Worker with the BC College of Social Workers and have over 20 years of experience creating calm and safety for individuals in crisis. I walk alongside clients to help bridge the transition from deep periods of “lostness” and despair, and move towards growth and wellbeing in life. My education is an integrated worldview combining a Master of Social Work from Wilfrid Laurier University, a Master of Public Administration from Queens University together with an Indigenous Healing Practitioner Program in Ontario.
My passion for therapy began while serving individuals with developmental disabilities for 12 years and subsequently protecting vulnerable families and children in Alberta and British Columbia. My clinical practice serving adult individuals and families was the highlight while working at the Child Psychiatry Unit at BC Children’s Hospital and recently at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital over the last 6 years.
I especially enjoy working with individuals and families helping them explore the patterns of behaviour and relationship dynamics that are getting in the way of their mental health and sense of fulfillment in their lives. I have extensive experience in the areas of: anxiety, trauma, crisis management and couples therapy. I help couples take an honest look at their relationship: where it’s currently at, and help them work towards a stronger, more connected bond.
My clinical expertise is strengths-based, emotion-focused and solution oriented. I use a caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, and non-judgemental approach to help people identify the layers of “unwellness” in their lives, so that they may make the changes necessary to improve their social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
I am best suited to work with:
- Individuals struggling with mental health, identity, purpose and self-care
- Adults desiring to feeling more at ease, resilient and self-assured with themselves and in their relationships
- Men wanting to identify core needs, emotional blocks and role clarity to have greater fulfillment in life
- Individuals desiring to overcome destructive behaviour towards oneself and family members
- Individuals working through trauma to reclaim one’s power and increase their emotional strength
- Couples and parents addressing conflict, co-dependence and healthy family goal planning
- Supporting families in acute crisis